- anyone born of God does not [deliberately and knowingly] practice committing sin, but
- the One Who was begotten of God carefully watches over and protects him [Christ’s divine presence within him preserves him against the evil], and
- the wicked one does not lay hold (get a grip) on him or touch [him].
We know [positively] that
- we are of God, and
- the whole world [around us] is under the power of the evil one.
- the Son of God has [actually] come to this world and has given us understanding and insight [progressively]
- to perceive (recognize) and come to know better andmore clearly Him Who is true; and
- we are in Him Who is true—in His Son Jesus Christ (the Messiah).
- This [Man] is the true God and Life eternal.
All of the scriptures above reflext the basic faith any believer should have. It is the declaration of faith for a believer.
Over and over the phrase repeated is “And we [have seen and] know [positively] that”
What is this faith?
- Faith is more than understanding. It is much more than accepting or even greater than repeatedly saying something till you feel it is true. Faith knows!
- It is to have confidence in something more than you have confidence in what you see with your eyes or hear with your ears.
Do you believe these things?
- What do you believe?
Well to summarize……….. The last scripture of Full throttle and of 1 John is :