We are starting a series on truth and it is important to understand what the purpose of the series will be.
This is not just another series that will offer suggestions on life, but we will challenge the very core foundations of your beliefs.
It is important that you will not just evaluate whether or not the sermon was good but actually which truths will affect your life.
There is 5 things you need to do about truth that will allow it to have a permanent impact in your life.
1. Measure the truth.
- It is of extreme importance to measure if something is true.
- Something can only be true if it can stand the test of time, be true in all situations and has the power to override all the visible things.
- Truth is Unchangeable
- Truth is Irrelivant
- Truth is not affected by tings like, race, culture, language, people or country.
- The truth remains the truth.
- WHERE DID I GET IT?
- Formulate reasons for your actions.
- Ask WHY?
2. Did God say so
- The truth can only come from God.
- It can affect our lives different but it remains because HE IS TIMELESS.
- God is not offended with your lie, but you will be offended.
3. My opinion or perception MUST bow to truth
- Whether or not you like it, if your perception does not come from truth it needs to removed.
- Truth must trump!
- You have to able to surrender your perception.
- If you don’t lay down your Idea, truth will have no affect on you.
- Some opinions, actions and traditions does not oppose truth and that does not need to change. Yet……. If it does, you will need to lay it down.
4. Repeat the truth
- Truth will only affect your life with repitition.
- If you hear it only once it will not penitrate your faith system.
- Learn it. Spend time with it.
- Truth is normally heard, agreed on and even celebrated, yet only the repitition of it reveals its oposition.
5. Deny the lie.
- Turn your back on the truth.
- Do not allow the lie to have any room.
- The more you confess the truth, the more your actions will change.
- The easiest way to apply truth is in other people’s lives.
- Your own life is the place we want to change.
- CTN : Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
- 0 of your actions cause salvation
- One can not be more saved than another
- Where you come from does not make you a good or bad candidate for salvation.
- Whether we like it or not, you can not refer to any action to twist God’s arm.
- You have been designed for good works and thus you can not brag if you are good because it is your design.
- People are equal before God in their saved state.
- If salvation is a gift, all should be able to receive it by simple faith. If there is ANY actions connected to it, it is not a gift.