Victory through Christ – 29 Jan Sermon
We can stand in Victory through Jesus
We tend to hear many things preachers claim we can have in Christ. Money, riches and powers. Yet, as believers we forget the most basic Biblical Victory that was given to us through grace by the work of Jesus.
He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
1. Jesus Christ was sent by God to save humanity from the power of darkness that was ruling this world.
1. Rom 5:12-21
2. Ephesians 6:10-12
2. Jesus paid the ultimate price to give us Righteousness over condemnation brought to us by sin. Rom 9 and 10
3. We have been given everything through righteousness 1Cor1:18-31
1. Wisdom of God – 4678 sophia sof-ee’-ah from 4680; wisdom (higher or lower, worldly or spiritual):–wisdom.
1. Believers receive the Godly wisdom of understanding salvation, the Bible and how God deaigned the world
2. Righteousness – 1343 dikaiosune dik-ah-yos-oo’-nay from 1342; equity (of character or act); specially (Christian) justification:–righteousness.
1. Believers are in Right standing with God as if they have never sinned.
3. Sanctification – 38 hagiasmos hag-ee-as-mos’ from 37; properly, purification, i.e. (the state) purity; concretely (by Hebraism) a purifier:–holiness, sanctification.
1. Jesus makes us into His own image by
3. His Word
4. His Example
5. His love
6. 1 John 1:9
4. Redemption – 629 apolutrosis ap-ol-oo’-tro-sis from a compound of 575 and 3083; (the act) ransom in full, i.e. (figuratively) riddance, or (specially) Christian salvation:–deliverance, redemption.
1. Redemption refers to the release from bondage we were held to by the curse of breaking the law. Such as …..
2. Bondage of addiction
3. Bonbage of temptation (1 Cor 10:13)
4. Bondage of sin (1 John 3:4-10, Rom 6:1-6)
5. Bondage of corruption (Rom 8:21)
6. Bondage is slavery to remove your ability to choose.